Thursday, March 3, 2011

The 65th Annual Orchid Show of the Philippine Orchid Society

I shouldn’t miss this year the 65th Annual Orchid Show with the theme, “Green Living with Orchids.” Because of the continuous campaign of different sectors to fight the heightening effects of global warming, I am learning, practicing, and becoming more curious about ways on how to take part in such feat, and having orchids in our yard is the most enticing idea.

But first I have to learn how to grow an orchid. This is our chance; we still have time to catch this annual event!

white orchid
When: February 24-March 7, 2011

Where: Quezon Memorial Circle Elliptical Road, Quezon City (enter thru Philcoa facing gate)

Entrance Fee: Php 20.00 Adults / Php15.00 Senior and Students

I’ll definitely bring my camera with full charged battery and huge memory space. I have to capture those beautiful Philippine orchids and the rest of the species. When will my sister and I visit the exhibition depend on the lecture we choose. I like to learn about urban planning a method of creating a garden in a limited space, commonly found in the city. We Filipinos, wherever we are, must make an effort to have awareness so as we can have a clean air to breath and a safer home called Earth. We still have four days. Aside from photos, I should take home with me either any bargain plant or orchid.


Note:

For commuters coming from Edsa, drop off in front of Quezon City Hall where the SB Underpass is located. Don’t look for footbridge. The underpass is the only way you can cross from one side to Quezon Memorial Circle. There is also another underpass facing Commonwealth Avenue; it is nearer than the SB underpass where my sister and I passed through.

And if you’re planning to attend the lecture, make sure you have a snack so could last till 5 pm and don’t forget to bring water which is costly if your going to buy in the park. Enjoy, the orchids and bonsai, learn from the free lecture, and may you win in the raffle (depending on the lecturer/company for that day).



For more information and daily lectures visit Philippine Orchid Society

http://philippineorchid.multiply.com


Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:White_Orchids.JPG

You might be done reading but no need to rush; you may proceed a little further for more Clumsy Fancy Stuff!

Show your bighearted side by SHARING what you’ve just learned!

|

SUBSCRIBE to be in the know of the latest Clumsy Fancy’s Post.


Still have a moment to spare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters!

Related Posts with Thumbnails